Abu Dhabi, UAEThursday 18 July 2019

Man stabbed colleague to death after he 'touched' his bottom

Pakistani man accused of premeditated murder after death of fellow worker

A drunk man stabbed a colleague to death and attacked another after claiming he was "touched" on the bottom, a court heard.

The 21-year-old blacksmith, from Pakistan, grabbed a knife from his room and attacked his two colleagues after fearing they wanted to have sex with him, Dubai Criminal Court was told.

The court heard the incident was sparked after the defendant was inappropriately touched as he made his way up a flight of stairs to the room of his accommodation in the Al Quoz industrial area of Dubai.

The defendant said he tried to climb the stairs to get past the two men, only be touched on the bottom as he passed.

“They asked me to sit with them but the way I was touched and invited to join them implied they wanted sex,” said the defendant.

Court records said he took a knife from his room and stabbed both men once.

One fell to the ground while the other was knifed in the back. He fled to his room one floor above.

The defendant then allegedly stabbed the prone victim in the chest before trying to escape.

A security guard, 51, from Egypt, said he alerted police after trying to chase the assailant.

“I found the victim on the floor dead and the second one at his room door bleeding heavily,” said the guard.

The defendant and the victims were all intoxicated at the time on the incident on May 9, records show.

The accused was tracked down by police, who found him hiding in a nearby mosque a few hours later.

Court records said he admitted the attack during questioning, telling police he threw the knife under a lorry.

The weapon was located and forensic analysis found his finger prints on it.

The 25-year-old survivor told prosecutors he had never seen the defendant before the day of the attack.

The accused is charged with premeditated murder and attempted murder.

He is also charged with consuming alcohol without a licence, along with the 25-year-old, who was referred to the Court of Misdemeanours.

The defendant was not present in court to enter a plea. He will attend the next hearing on September 16.

Updated: September 10, 2018 03:24 PM